The Pentland Theatre offers an impressive and versatile flat floor space, ideal for Bar / Bat Mitzvah’s, cabaret theatre nights, dinner dances, wedding receptions, school proms and large scale parties. Professional sound and lighting rigs can be used to provide that special atmosphere while our event and technical staff can work with you to create a bespoke experience and transform the space into a beautiful backdrop for your event.
- Midday - midnight, longer time periods may be available by prior arrangement. Additional charges may apply.
- 150 – 200 people for seating and dance floor
- 300 people for standing receptions
Spaces included in hire fee:
- Pentland Theatre + 4 dressing rooms
- Regen kitchen (caterers preparation space)
artsdepot staff included:
- Duty Manager for the building
- Event Manager or Event Steward
- Theatre technicians to run our sound & light systems
- Cloakroom stewards
Our site has 24hr security personnel but these will not be exclusive to your event. We are happy for clients to arrange additional external security if required and can assist with booking.
- Use of the theatre sound & lighting systems
- Cabled Microphones with stands for speeches
- Cloakroom rails
- 100 event chairs
Not included in hire fee:
- Catering – artsdepot does not offer banquet catering but is happy to welcome external catering companies into our venue. We can provide contact details for caterers who are familiar with our venue.
- Banqueting Furniture – we can hire this in for you for an additional fee or you can arrange this with an external supplier.
- DJ and entertainers – you will need to book this through external suppliers but we can assist with contacts.
- Room Decoration – artsdepot is happy to welcome most event decoration as long as it adheres to our health & safety policy and does not damage the venue.
Monday - Thursday full day hire fee: £3,500 +VAT
Friday - Sunday full day hire fee: £4,000 +VAT
Charity rates are available on request.
- Use of Café Kitchen & appliances by arrangement with café manager - £500 +VAT
- Star cloth – back wall only (3 pieces) £50 +VAT Back wall and wings (5 pieces) £75 +VAT
- Projector with screen - £50 +VAT
- Smoke / haze machine - £25 +VAT
- Radio microphones - £58 +VAT
- Additional technician - £25 +VAT per hour
- Additional serving staff - £10 +VAT per hour per person
Weddings: artsdepot is not licensed for civil wedding ceremonies.
Alcohol sales: artsdepot is licensed to sell alcohol until 11pm. We can provide a staffed pay bar for your guests or this can be supplied by your caterer. If external alcohol is sold on our premises corkage charges may apply.
Kitchens: Our Regen Kitchen is a preparation space with electrical connections for caterers to bring in their own professional appliances. Our café has a full professional kitchen and use of our onsite appliances can be arranged with the Café Supervisor.
The Bar: bardepot is a purpose built bar with fridges, sinks and preparation area as well as the main seating area.
Health & Safety
External suppliers may be asked to provide health & safety documentation such as:
- Public Liability Insurance
- Risk Assessments
- Proof that all electrical equipment has been Portable Appliance Tested
Supplier get-in and & get-out
Please check with your suppliers how long they need for event get-in and set up as this needs to be included in your booking time.
Get-in can take place from midday on the day of the event. Earlier get-ins are possible by arrangement in advance and may incur additional charges.
Our entertainment license finishes at midnight and this is the lastest time that events can finish in the venue. License extensions are available for an additional fee but are subject to staff availability and being granted by the London Borough of Barnet. Suppliers may stay on site after midnight to complete their clear up and get out. your guests would need to leave by this time. Suppliers may stay on site after midnight to complete their clear up and get out.
If your event is taking place at a weekend and suppliers wish to deliver on a Friday and collect on a Monday this will need to be agreed with artsdepot in advance to make sure we have storage available.
Our venue is fully accessible.
Your event will have exclusive use of the rooms you hire but please note there may be other events taking place in our venue at the same time.