In Autumn 2022 we worked with schools across Barnet to take part in 3 creative workshops at their school led by LAStheatre and visual artists Ed Compson and Arieh Frosh. The pupils worked together to imagine what a future city might look like, looking at solutions and innovations and designing prototype structures from recycled materials that express their ideas.
The project culminated in an exhibition at artsdepot which was on display during December 22, and was a representation of all the ideas and work generated by the young people.
- Access to cultural resources from beyond the curriculum.
- Meaningful opportunities to engage with working artists/innovators.
- Opportunities to have their work presented in a professional arts venue.
- Development of social and communication skills such as team work, confidence building and generating ideas collaboratively.
- Personal development of students in the form of stimulation of imagination, empathy and cultural appreciation.
- Development of practical creative-based skills and values in creativity and culture to assist future studies.
- Engaging insight into the creative and cultural industry to nurture future talent.
- A sense of personal progression through involvement with the project.