Our artist development residency programme is a way for artsdepot to engage with emerging and established individuals and companies from different art form backgrounds, allowing them access to resources and expertise within a professional working multi art form venue.
We are inviting applications for emerging and established artists and companies from performing arts based practises with exciting new ideas to undertake a residency in our Creation Space.
Successful applicants will receive:
- The Creation Space – space for up to 2 weeks which will be used to research and develop new ideas.
- A contribution of £500 - £1,000
- Access to support and mentoring from artsdepot team (subject to availability).
Following their residency, successful artists will join our alumni group who continue to engage with us, accessing space in kind, future opportunities and networking.
The Creation Space is a low tech room with limited resources. This is not a purpose built studio. We are fundraising to further develop this space. Please download the photos of the Creation Space and read the supporting information to ensure the activity you’re proposing is suitable for the space.
We have an interest in:
- Both new and established individuals/ companies.
- All performance based art forms.
- Work to complement artsdepot's existing programme of work / ethos.
- Ideas that can have potential to be taken beyond the R&D residency period in a future working relationship with artsdepot.
- Individuals / companies able to create a sustainable relationship with artsdepot going forward.
- Residency for artists making work for audiences under 5 years.
- Residency exploring themes and ideas linked to climate change.
- Residency for ideas making work suitable for 7 – 12 years.
- Residency that uses, integrates or explores digital in its practice.
- Residency for ideas making work suitable for audiences of 60 years and over
To apply, please submit:
- Application form
- Artist CV
- Links to previous work
All submissions should be sent to: Programming & Participation Team, artsdepot, 5 Nether Street, Tally Ho Corner, North Finchley, London, N12 0GA or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email email@example.com. Please note that there may be a delay in responding to your enquiry as this e-mail account is checked intermittently.
All completed applications need to arrive no later than 5pm, Monday 8 April. Late submissions will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from artsdepot by Monday 22 April, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted. We are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.