artsdepot’s Artist Residency programme is now open for applications from artists and companies from any performing arts based practice.
Successful applicants will be given time and seed funding to develop a project in our Creation Space. Artists and companies who take part in a residency with us are also invited to join our Alumni Network.
We want to hear your exciting new ideas, and invite applications from both brand-new and established artists / companies. We particularly encourage applications from performance-makers from African, Caribbean, Asian, Latin American and Middle Eastern Diasporas, performance-makers of mixed heritage, queer performance-makers, D/deaf performance-makers, disabled performance-makers and performance-makers from working class backgrounds.
Successful applicants will receive:
- 1 or 2 weeks in our Creation Space, which will be used to research and develop new ideas.
- A seed funding contribution of £500 - £1,000.
- Access to support from the artsdepot team. This may mean meetings with certain departments, reading an Arts Council Application, or just sitting down for a cup of tea and a biscuit on a rainy Wednesday.
The Creation Space is a lovely but low tech room, with limited resources. We’ve attached pictures which you can download to give you an idea of the space. Please keep this in mind when planning your activity.
We have an interest in:
- Both new and established individuals / companies working in any performance art form from across the UK.
- Work to complement artsdepot's existing programme of work.
- Ideas that can have potential to be taken beyond the R&D residency period in a future working relationship with artsdepot.
- Individuals / companies able to create a sustainable relationship with artsdepot going forward.
To apply, please submit:
An Application Form - forms can be downloaded from this page or requested via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us a video around 5 - 8 minutes long. If you wish to submit your application in this way, we ask you to include:
- An Introduction: who you are and what your art form is.
- Your idea: how you will use the time and where the project might go.
- An indication of how money will be spent.
- Current Creative Team members
- Preferred Residency Dates (dates available listed on the Word form)
We also ask you to complete a Google Equal Ops form here. This information helps us to understand who is applying for our opportunities. The information you provide will only be used to check how effectively our procedures are working.
All submissions should be sent to: email@example.com or posted to Programming & Participation Team, artsdepot, 5 Nether Street, Tally Ho Corner, North Finchley, London, N12 0GA.
If you have any questions at all please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for completed applications is Monday 21 June, 12pm.
We will get back to all applicants by Friday 16 July. Due to the number of expected submissions we cannot offer individual feedback to applicants.