Following artsdepot’s recent closure following government advice, we are continuing to accept Artist Residency Applications. Please bear in mind when applying that dates of future residencies may be affected by future developments.
artsdepot invite artists and companies from any performing art based practice to apply to our Artist Residencies for Autumn 2020 and Spring 2021.
Successful applicants can spend some time and some seed funding developing a project inside our Creation Space. We want to your exciting new ideas, and invite applications from both the brand-new and established.
All artists and companies who take part in a residency with us are also invited to join our Alumni Network, with free workshops and networking invites launched this Spring.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Between 1 - 2 weeks in our Creation Space, which will be used to research and develop new ideas.
- A seed funding contribution of £500 - £1,000.
- Access to support from the artsdepot team. This may mean meetings with certain departments, reading an Arts Council Application, or just sitting down for a cup of tea and a biscuit on a rainy Wednesday.
The Creation Space is a lovely but low tech room, with limited resources. We’ve attached pictures which you can download to give you an idea of the space. Please keep this in mind when planning your activity.
We have an interest in:
- Both new and established individuals/companies from across the UK.
- All performance based art forms.
- Work to complement artsdepot's existing programme of work/ethos.
- Ideas that can have potential to be taken beyond the R&D residency period in a future working relationship with artsdepot.
- Individuals/companies able to create a sustainable relationship with artsdepot going forward.
To apply, please submit:
Send us the following documents:
- Application form
- Forms can be downloaded from this page or requested via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist CV
- Links to previous work (if applicable.)
Send us a video, ideally around 5-8 minutes long. If you wish to submit your application in this way, we ask you to include:
- An Introduction: who you are and what your art form is.
- Your idea: how you will use the time and and where the project might go.
- A budget or an indication of how money will be spent.
- Creative Team members
- Best Dates (dates available listed on the Word form)
All submissions should be sent to: email@example.com or posted along to Programming & Participation Team, artsdepot, 5 Nether Street, Tally Ho Corner, North Finchley, London, N12 0GA.
If you have any questions at all please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for completed applications is Mon 13 Apr, 10am.
We will get back to all applicants by Mon 20 Apr, 5pm. Due to the number of expected submissions we cannot offer individual feedback to applicants.
artsdepot is a multi-art form venue presenting theatre, dance, music, comedy, circus, cabaret, live art, spoken word, visual arts and family shows. We programme professional touring work in our small scale studio and middle scale theatre, and exhibitions in the gallery.
artsdepot’s first Artist Development Workshop, Assembling a Creative Team and How to Work with a Producer will be held on Thu 19 Mar. Click here for more information.