We're looking for artistic collaborators to work with us and 3 - 5 schools in the London Borough of Barnet, including at least one primary, one secondary and one SEN, to devise, create and deliver a creative, imaginative and innovative workshop programme around the theme of environmental sustainability. This will culminate in an exhibition presentation in the Apthorp Gallery at artsdepot throughout December 2021 which will be open for the public to enjoy.
We are interested to hear from artists and companies from all disciplines and backgrounds with exciting proposals around the theme of sustainability for a project to animate and inspire our schools and community. You could be an architect, a theatre director, a digital agency, film maker, graphic designer, visual artist etc. If you have an idea that will spark the imagination of young people we want to hear from you.
This innovative project will take place in Autumn 2021 and is an opportunity for schools to collaborate with an award-winning multi-art form venue and professional cultural innovators / artists on a meaningful project for young people, school and artist.
What we are looking for:
- Artists or companies who are keen to collaborate with artsdepot, schools and the young people, and co-create a project.
- Artists or companies that have experience in making work with young people.
- Ideas that explore the theme of environmental sustainability.
- We are interested in ideas that embed digital thinking into its creation and / or delivery but this is not essential.
- Submissions where the artist / company incorporates the young people’s contribution.
- A finished exhibition in the Gallery, open to the public. Opening dates: Monday 6 December – Friday 31 December 2021.
What we aim to deliver for participants taking part:
- Access to cultural resources from beyond the curriculum.
- Meaningful opportunities to engage with working artists / innovators.
- Opportunities to have their work presented in a professional arts venue.
- Development of social and communication skills such as working as a team, building confidence, generating ideas collaboratively - that may complement school learning and skill development progressing into work or higher education.
- Personal development of students in the form of stimulation of imagination, empathy and cultural appreciation.
- Development of practical creative-based skills and values in creativity and culture to assist future studies.
- Engaging insight into the creative and cultural industry to nurture future talent.
- A sense of personal progression through involvement with the project.
Fee: £10,000 commission*
* This fee is inclusive of planning, delivery, travel, materials, installation, evaluation, support workers and meetings. This list is a guide and there may be other costs that you need to consider in your planning
How to apply:
Please read the Supporting Information before applying, this can be found in the Download section on this page. Expressions of interest outlining what you would like to devise, create and deliver with 3 - 5 schools in the London Borough of Barnet should be submitted by 10am on Friday 21 May 2021 including:
- Appropriate contact details (if you are applying as collective / company please specify a main contact person).
- A biography detailing who you are, your background, professional experience and descriptions of the creative team.
- Any links to websites.
- An artistic description contextualising the ideas you will develop for the commission.
- Examples of your previous work. Online links preferred.
Expressions of interest should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and emailed to: email@example.com
Please state in the title of the email or letter “Creative Schools Project”.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Friday 21 May 2021