Ockham’s Razor: This Time
A show about time, age and the stories we tell ourselves from the award-winning circus theatre company Ockham's Razor.
With a cast ranging in age from 11 to 60 This Time uses the imagery of circus, autobiographical storytelling and original equipment design to create compelling visual theatre which looks at perceptions of strength and ability: how we are strong in different ways at different times in our lives.
Featuring a series of aerial frames which are raised from floor to ceiling the four performers lift, push and cradle each other through a world of windows, thresholds and ledges. Bodies are suspended high in the air and swung close to the ground in innovative new takes on trapeze and swinging cradle.
Venue: Pentland Theatre
“This Time, is about time and transformation. There’s a sense of wonder in the work of aerial theatre company Ockham’s Razor, a lovely rapport between the performers as they swing, balance and fly.” The Guardian
“really uplifting, often amusing and always enjoyable.” British Theatre Guide
“a warm, forthright lovingly made show” The Times
“an intelligent, sensitive and heartwarming exploration of cross-generational relationships - what a joy it is” Total Theatre
Tickets from £12
Dynamic pricing applies to this event. This means that the price of tickets may increase based on demand, so it's best to book early.
Running Time: 70 mins (no interval)
Strictly 8+ (contatins emotive content)
Making your booking:
- Tickets can be booked in groups of 1, 2, 3 or 4. These groups have been placed in the auditorium to ensure social distancing between households / support bubbles.
- You will need to select all the seats in the group you wish to purchase in order to proceed with the booking.
- Each group must consist of one household or support bubble. Please do not visit artsdepot in a group of more than 6.
- Please ensure that you provide a mobile number when booking so that we can send your contactless tickets via text message before the performance. If you don't have a smartphone you can collect tickets at the Box Office on the day.
- The day before your visit, you’ll receive an email with all the information you’ll need. At least 4 hours before your performance, you’ll receive a text message with a link to your tickets.
- If this performance is cancelled, you will have the option to receive a refund or credit to spend on a future show.
- Please arrive at least 40 minutes before the show so that we can move everyone into the auditorium safely. Latecomers may not be admitted to this performance.
artsdepot is a Covid secure venue. We've put some measures in place to make sure your visit to this event is safe and comfortable:
Limited capacity - we've reduced the number of seats available for this performance so there will be more space in the theatre and when you're moving around the building.
Socially distanced seating - you'll be seated at least 1m from other groups and our Front of House team will direct you into the theatre to make sure there's no rush and minimal queueing.
Reduced queueing - we've added a one way system throughout the building and queueing markings at the Cafe and Box Office, to minimise queueing.
Increased cleaning - our Facilities team are cleaning the building more often. You may see them carrying out their scheduled cleaning while you're with us.
Hand sanitiser - is available at the entrance, in the cafe and outside the theatre. Please use it whenever you like.
Face coverings - staff and visitors are asked to wear face coverings in the building, this includes inside the theatres. This doesn't apply to children under 11 and those who are medically exempt.
Contactless payment - we're taking contactless payments only at the cafe and Box Office to reduce the handling of cash and to minimise queueing.
Social distancing - please remember to keep 2m distance between you and other people. We'll ask you leave buggies on the ground floor to help maintain social distancing.
Contactless tickets - we'll send your tickets to you by text message, at least four hours before the show.
Watch our artsdepot - Back in the Building video. It's a video that explains the changes we've made in response to Covid-19 that keep you safe and comfortable when you watch a show.
artsdepot is a Covid-secure venue, we are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government in its performing arts guidance and guidance for multi-purpose community facilities. For more information about the safety measures we’ve put in place, please read our Covid-19 Safety Information.