Our new digital programme launches soon
Published: Tue 23 Jun 2020
We're delighted to announce that thanks to an exceptional grant of £20,000 from John Lyon’s Charity we are able to launch an online programme of creative workshops and interactive shows for children, young people and their families.
The grant was provided in response to an application artsdepot submitted to the London Community Response Fund, and is in addition to a £90,000 grant that John Lyon’s Charity has provided artsdepot over 3 years supporting Barnet’s Cultural Education Partnership.
With this new funding we will relaunch online some of the most cherished elements of our community engagement and performance programme. Here's what we're planning:
- artsdepot Creative Explorers Online workshops on Friday mornings with Feel Theatre. Children aged 10 months to 3 years will enjoy creative and sensory play supported by a parent / carer.
- Art workshops and shows for primary age children and their families on Sundays, temporarily replacing our ever-popular Sunday family shows.
- Life After Lockdown, a programme of 6, weekly drama workshops for young people going into school years 8, 9 and 10. With an aim to improve mental health and wellbeing for participants, sessions will focus on bringing their experiences to life.
- Destination Unknown – a facilitated discussion group for 18 year olds considering what comes next. A creative support for exploring the choices they are making about training, university and careers, and understanding more about opportunities in the creative industries.
- Together-Apart, a project with Fly High Stories for Key Stage 1 (school years 1 and 2, ages 5 - 7). Children will help an astronaut stuck in space to find their way home over 5 interactive session over 5 weeks, delivered in partnership with a local school.
- We are partnering with the Institute of Imagination to support young people in Barnet access a series of digital creative workshops for young people with special educational needs.
More detailed information will be released over the following weeks.
John Lyon’s Charity gives grants to registered charities for the benefit of children and young people. Grants are restricted to the nine London boroughs of Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea and the Cities of London and Westminster. Since 1991 John Lyon’s Charity has distributed over £130 million to a large range of services including youth clubs, arts projects, emotional wellbeing initiatives, childcare and parental support schemes, sports programmes and bursaries. For more information, please visit www.jlc.london.