Room: a festival of new ideas
Published: Tue 10 Nov 2015
Join us from Thu 19 - Sat 21 Nov for Room: a festival of new ideas.
Taking place in the Creation Space, Room is an opportunity for artists to try out new ideas, and for audiences to see brand new work across a variety of art forms. Audience members will be invited to share their feedback and help shape the future development of the work. Room features:
Thu 19 Nov | Extracts of ideas by students, graduates & emerging artists:
• Iron M.A.M. by Owl Young a solo, autobiographical theatre performance about drone warfare.
• Goggles by ThisEgg a show about love and happiness inspired by the death of two goldfish.
• Mothers Milk by Natassa DeParis a play about three female figures exploring the role of women as mothers, inspired by Greek tragedies.
• Glitter and Smoke by Natalie Wearden. Based on a text by Allie Costa, Glitter and Smoke explores the obsessive retelling and recreation of a memory.
• Not The Event Itself by Made of Air & Instigate Unknown a mix of dance and spoken word deconstructing concepts of archiving and memories.
• Serpent of the Sea by German Munoz Two young men are gunned down outside one of Mexico’s most prestigious universities. A drama inspired by actual events.
Fri 20 Nov | A double bill of work in development:
• Keep Going Molly by M&E
An interactive live performance event that challenges notions of heroism and the impossibility of altruism. Two females' journey to discover what it means to be a hero.
• The Picture of Dorian Gray by Pregnant Fish Theatre
An adaptation of Oscar Wilde's classic gothic tale. Intimate physical and musical theatre.
Sat 21 Nov | Scary Shit by Rhiannon Faith
Quirky and outrageous dance theatre about friendship, being a woman and asking for help. A rollercoaster real life experiment, Scary Shit is a show in which two young women attend therapy to learn about themselves and the world, and dare to suggest a future without fear.