The Gruffalo’s Child
The Gruffalo said that no gruffalo should
Ever set foot in the deep dark wood...
Follow the Gruffalo’s Child on her adventurous mission in Tall Stories’ enchanting adaptation of the much-loved picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
One wild and windy night the Gruffalo’s Child ignores her father’s warnings about the Big Bad Mouse and tiptoes out into the deep dark wood. She follows snowy tracks and encounters mysterious creatures – but the Big Bad Mouse doesn’t really exist... does he?
Let your imagination run wild with songs, laughs and scary fun for everyone aged 3 to 103.
Venue: Pentland Theatre
We've put in some new measures to make sure your visit is safe and comfortable. These include limiting the number of people in the theatre, socially distanced seating, increased cleaning, reduced queueing and more... Read more in the Covid-19 Safety Info tab.
Tickets from £9
Dynamic pricing applies to this event. This means that the price of tickets may increase based on demand, so it's best to book early.
Running Time: 55 mins (no interval)
Making your booking:
- Tickets can be booked in groups of 1, 2, 3 or 4. These groups have been placed in the auditorium to ensure social distancing between households / support bubbles.
- You will need to select all the seats in the group you wish to purchase in order to proceed with the booking.
- Each group must consist of one household or support bubble. Please do not visit artsdepot in a group of more than 6.
- Children under 18 months (babes in arms) go free. They will not be allocated a seat but will require a ticket and are included in your group of 6. If you are booking online and need a babes in arms ticket, please book your group's tickets minus the babe in arms. When you receive your booking confirmation email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org who will add your baby's free ticket to your order.
- Please ensure that you provide a mobile number when booking so that we can send your contactless tickets via text message before the performance. If you don't have a smartphone you can collect tickets at the Box Office on the day.
- The day before your visit, you’ll receive an email with all the information you’ll need. At least 4 hours before your performance, you’ll receive a text message with a link to your tickets.
- If this performance is cancelled, you will have the option to receive a refund or credit to spend on a future show.
- Please arrive at least 40 minutes before the show so that we can move everyone into the auditorium safely. Latecomers may not be admitted to this performance.
artsdepot is a Covid secure venue. We've put some measures in place to make sure your visit to this event is safe and comfortable:
Limited capacity - we've reduced the number of seats available for this performance so there will be more space in the theatre and when you're moving around the building.
Socially distanced seating - you'll be seated at least 1m from other groups and our Front of House team will direct you into the theatre to make sure there's no rush and minimal queueing.
Reduced queueing - we've added a one way system throughout the building and queueing markings at the Cafe and Box Office, to minimise queueing.
Increased cleaning - our Facilities team are cleaning the building more often. You may see them carrying out their scheduled cleaning while you're with us.
Hand sanitiser - is available at the entrance, in the cafe and outside the theatre. Please use it whenever you like.
Face coverings - staff and visitors are asked to wear face coverings in the building, this includes inside the theatres. This doesn't apply to children under 11 and those who are medically exempt.
Contactless payment - we're taking contactless payments only at the cafe and Box Office to reduce the handling of cash and to minimise queueing.
Social distancing - please remember to keep 2m distance between you and other people. We'll ask you leave buggies on the ground floor to help maintain social distancing.
Contactless tickets - we'll send your tickets to you by text message, at least four hours before the show.
Watch our artsdepot - Back in the Building video. It's a video that explains the changes we've made in response to Covid-19 that keep you safe and comfortable when you watch a show.
artsdepot is a Covid-secure venue, we are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government in its performing arts guidance and guidance for multi-purpose community facilities. For more information about the safety measures we’ve put in place, please read our Covid-19 Safety Information.
The performance on Thu 8 Apr at 11am is a Relaxed Performance.
Relaxed performances are open to anyone but are particularly suitable for people with sensory, communication or learning disabilities, and anyone who would benefit from a less formal environment.
Read the artsdepot Visual Story here. It's a short document with pictures that explains what it will be like being inside the building when you watch a show.