artsdepot Creative Explorers Online: Weather!
Join artsdepot and FEEL Theatre for artsdepot Creative Explorers Online.
These recorded 30-minute sessions have been created especially for artsdepot. They're led by Natalya, an experienced practitioner and are full of creative, sensory and messy play to help your little one explore the world and learn through play.
In this session, we're going to get crafty and creative making suns, rain and rainbows together!
Share your creations on social media using the hashtag #CreativeExplorers.
Location: wherever you like! (watch online)
Supported by John Lyon's Charity
We're going to get crafty and creative making suns, rain and rainbows. Here are the materials you'll need:
• Items that are the colours of the rainbow. They can be anything you like: leaves, recycled paper, tissue paper, wrappers, flowers. Please prepare these colourful scraps by cutting or tearing them up.
• 3 pieces of white card, one cut into the shape of a rainbow
• A round sponge (or a sponge cut into a circle)
• 2 bowls
• Yellow and blue liquid food colouring
• Cotton wool balls
You'll also need some child-safe glue. We'll make some during the session, for which you'll need:
• A bowl, wooden spoon, plain flour, water, salt
• A jar to store leftover glue (it can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge)
Things could get a little messy! We'd recommend preparing an area with towels / cloths, and wearing things that you don't mind getting grubby.