AFRORETRO: UpCycle Your Life and Bag a Tee (online event)
Upcycle old unloved t-shirts and sweatshirts into handy bags.
Join Ugandan Sisters Anna and Lilly for a fun workshop they've recorded especially for artsdepot. You'll learn all about upcycling and how you can stop your clothes ending up in landfills across the world.
Don't worry if you don't already sew, Anna and Lilly will help you get creative and turn your unwanted clothing into handy bags for you, your family and your friends!
Location: wherever you like! (online)
This pre-recorded workshop has been created especially for artsdepot. It is available to watch from Sat 24 Oct until Sun 1 Nov.
Watch now in the Videos tab or our YouTube channel.
Don't worry if you don't sew, to make a great bag you'll need 30 minutes, help from a grown-up and these things:
1. To make a tote bag, a t-shirt you no longer wear
2. To make a duffel bag, a hoodie or sweatshirt
And these things too:
1. Scrap jersey- maybe an old t-shirt or leggings
2. Scissors that can cut fabric
3. A4 sheet of scrap paper
4. Pen or pencil
6. Thread the same colour as your top
7. Large safety pin or nappy pin
8. An adult to help