The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by author/illustrator Eric Carle has delighted generations of readers since it was first published in 1969 selling more than 43 million copies worldwide.
Eric’s well-known books captivated readers with his iconic colourful hand-painted tissue paper collage illustrations and distinctively simple stories, introducing generations of children to a bigger, brighter world – and to their first experience of reading itself.
The timeless classic has made its way off the page and onto the stage.
Created by Jonathan Rockefeller, the critically acclaimed production of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show features a menagerie of 75 lovable puppets, faithfully adapting four of Eric Carle’s stories, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, 10 Little Rubber Ducks, The Very Lonely Firefly and of course, the star of the show The Very Hungry Caterpillar who celebrated its 50th Birthday in 2019.
Venue: Pentland Theatre
This live event will be performed within the government's hygiene and safety guidelines for performing arts.
Running Time: 50 minutes (no interval)
Tickets from £9
Dynamic pricing applies to this event. This means that the price of tickets may increase based on demand, so it's best to book early.
Making your booking:
- A maximum of 6 tickets can be booked per group, consisting of one household or support bubble.
- Tickets will appear as ‘unreserved’ when you book. Prior to the show, our Front of House team will allocate seats to each group. These will be allocated from the front of the auditorium to the back, in strict booking order.
- Please ensure that you provide a mobile number when booking so that we can send you contactless tickets via text message before the performance.
- Online sales stop 48 hours in advance of each performance. After this point, please call the Box Office on 0208 369 5454 to check availability.
- If this performance is cancelled, you will have the option to receive a refund or credit to spend on a future show.
- Children under 18 months (babes in arms) go free, but will require a ticket and are included in your group of 6. If you are booking online and need a babes in arms ticket, please book your group's tickets minus the babe in arms. When you recieve your booking confirmation email, please forward it straight away to firstname.lastname@example.org who will add your baby's free ticket to your order.
About your visit:
- The capacity for this performance has been reduced to 150 to ensure at least 1m distance between each group.
- The day before your visit, you’ll receive an email with all the information you’ll need. At least 4 hours before your performance, you’ll receive a text message with a link to your tickets.
- Latecomers cannot be admitted to this performance, please arrive at least 20 minutes in advance.
- Face coverings must be worn inside the venue, including in the auditorium. This does not apply to children under 11 and those who are medically exempt.
- To aid social distancing within the venue, buggies must be left on the ground floor.
- Please help us to keep everyone safe by following the one way and queuing systems, using hand sanitiser provided and maintaining social distance.
artsdepot is a Covid-secure venue, we are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government in its performing arts guidance and guidance for multi-purpose community facilities. For more information about the safety measures we’ve put in place, please read our Covid-19 Safety Information.