The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by author/illustrator Eric Carle has delighted generations of readers since it was first published in 1969 selling more than 43 million copies worldwide.
Eric’s well-known books captivated readers with his iconic colourful hand-painted tissue paper collage illustrations and distinctively simple stories, introducing generations of children to a bigger, brighter world – and to their first experience of reading itself.
The timeless classic has made its way off the page and onto the stage.
Created by Jonathan Rockefeller, the critically acclaimed production of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show features a menagerie of 75 lovable puppets, faithfully adapting four of Eric Carle’s stories, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, 10 Little Rubber Ducks, The Very Lonely Firefly and of course, the star of the show The Very Hungry Caterpillar who celebrated its 50th Birthday in 2019.
Venue: Pentland Theatre
Following the announcement that London has moved into Tier 2 (High) alert, please be aware that this show will be going ahead. artsdepot is a Covid-secure venue and performances are permitted under this alert level. You can attend indoor events with up to 6 members of your household or support bubble. Read the government guidance.
We've put in some new measures to make sure your visit is safe and comfortable. These include limiting the number of people in the theatre, socially distanced seating, increased cleaning, reduced queueing and more... Read more in the Covid-19 Safety Info tab.
Running Time: 50 minutes (no interval)
To access the Social Story for the show, head here.
Tickets from £9
Dynamic pricing applies to this event. This means that the price of tickets may increase based on demand, so it's best to book early.
Making your booking:
- A maximum of 6 tickets can be booked per group, consisting of one household or support bubble.
- Tickets will appear as ‘unreserved’ when you book. Prior to the show, our Front of House team will allocate seats to each group. These will be allocated from the front of the auditorium to the back, in strict booking order.
- Please ensure that you provide a mobile number when booking so that we can send you contactless tickets via text message before the performance. If you don't have a smartphone you can collect tickets at the Box Office on the day.
- The day before your visit, you’ll receive an email with all the information you’ll need. At least 4 hours before your performance, you’ll receive a text message with a link to your tickets.
- Online sales stop 48 hours in advance of each performance. After this point, please call the Box Office on 0208 369 5454 to check availability.
- If this performance is cancelled, you will have the option to receive a refund or credit to spend on a future show.
- Children under 18 months (babes in arms) go free. They will not be allocated a seat but will require a ticket and are included in your group of 6. If you are booking online and need a babes in arms ticket, please book your group's tickets minus the babe in arms. When you recieve your booking confirmation email, please forward it straight away to email@example.com who will add your baby's free ticket to your order.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the show so that we can move everyone into the auditorium safely. Latecomers cannot be admitted to this performance.
artsdepot is a Covid secure venue. We've put some measures in place to make sure your visit to this event is safe and comfortable:
Limited capacity - we've reduced the number of seats available for this performance so there will be more space in the theatre and when you're moving around the building.
Socially distanced seating - you'll be seated at least 1m from other groups and our Front of House team will direct you into the theatre to make sure there's no rush and minimal queueing.
Reduced queueing - we've added a one way system throughout the building and queueing markings at the Cafe and Box Office, to minimise queueing.
Increased cleaning - our Facilities team are cleaning the building more often. You may see them carrying out their scheduled cleaning while you're with us.
Hand sanitiser - is available at the entrance, in the cafe and outside the theatre. Please use it whenever you like.
Face coverings - staff and visitors are asked to wear face coverings in the building, this includes inside the theatres. This doesn't apply to children under 11 and those who are medically exempt.
Contactless payment - we're taking contactless payments only at the cafe and Box Office to reduce the handling of cash and to minimise queueing.
Social distancing - please remember to keep 2m distance between you and other people. We'll ask you leave buggies on the ground floor to help maintain social distancing.
Contactless tickets - we'll send your tickets to you by text message, at least four hours before the show.
artsdepot is a Covid-secure venue, we are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government in its performing arts guidance and guidance for multi-purpose community facilities. For more information about the safety measures we’ve put in place, please read our Covid-19 Safety Information.