Selina Thompson: Race Cards
A room containing 1000 questions about race, written by Selina Thompson in three sittings across 24 hours one weekend in Edinburgh. You’re invited to answer one of them.
65. Are you black, or are you ‘new black’?
170. What is the long term psychological impact of white supremacy on people of colour?
220. My mum does not talk about race anymore. It makes her uncomfortable, tired. Will this happen to me?
307. Why do people assume that racism will just passively die out if we wait long enough?
440. Are you angry?
541. What ever happened to Kony 2012?
660. Who is more problematic – famous racist Nigel Farage, or the liberal journalist politely asking him questions?
720. When does it all end?
Supported by Buzzcut, Forest Fringe and Fierce FWD. Seed commissioned by Camden People’s Theatre and Leeds Library through Room 700.
Venue: Apthorp Gallery