artsdepot Messy Play
Our ever-popular class for early years and their parents / carers encourages creative play, imagination and exploration. In our mess-friendly art space, little ones are encouraged to explore their senses and creativity through colour, texture and play with no worries about mess and clearing up.
What is Messy Play?
- Messy Play is a 45-minute session where children are encouraged to explore a wide variety of materials through play.
- Sometimes we have large group activities led by the workshop leader, but most of the time, the children can be curious and follow their own interests in their own time.
- It’s a session of activities that you wouldn’t dare do at home!
- It is NOT a session where we make mess for the sake of it, it’s just we don’t mind that children get messy in their creative process.
Splosh, squelch, mix and make until your heart’s content.
Dress to get messy!
Spring Term: Fri 18 Jan - Fri 5 Apr (no classes on Fri 22 Feb or Fri 1 Mar)
Venue: Art Space
How can you prepare for Messy Play?
- Your child is best off in old clothes that you don’t care about getting stained. A body suit is good, or a sleep suit with the toes cut out so that your little one doesn’t slip.
- The Art Room can get quite hot; so don’t overdress your little ones.
- Bring a towel and perhaps a wet flannel to clean up afterwards.
- Bring a change of clothes.
- The toilets are directly opposite the Art Space, so you can wipe your little ones down afterwards.
Discounts (subject to availability) when booking 5 sessions or a full term (10 classes) - £35 for 5 sessions, £70 per term. Please call the Box Office on 020 8369 5454 to book at the discounted rate.
Please note: Each child attending the class must be accompanied by an adult. Each ticket admits one adult and one child. Once booked, sessions cannot be refunded, or transferred to an alternative date.
The maximum capacity for Messy Play is 16, so please book in advance to ensure you have a place.